Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Week 20

Today I had a check up with my OBGYN.  I had a list of questions/concerns to bring up during the appointment:
1. Pain on right side ribs: since the pain does not increase after eating, it is likely just the muscles stretching.  It does feel like a mild bruise when I press on it.  Not much to be done there.  Try to find the most comfortable position to sleep in, and it's ok if I end up on my back.  I have added a third large pillow to my sleeping arrangements for added support.
2. Constipation: it's back!  So um...  I am to take stool softener if all else fails.
3. Birthing center: doctor showed us on Google maps where the main hospital is.
4. Birth preparation classes:  start looking into it, doctor gave me a flyer with a list of classes available.  Need to call to get more details and enroll.
5. "Rash" on breasts: it's not a rash, looks like broken capillaries...  it's the beginning of stretch marks.  WWWHHHAAA...  so much for the Crisco-like butter!

Tomorrow P and I are going on a trip to Europe...  my last work trip!  I was having a hard time trying to figure out what to wear since everything fits funny.  Fortunately Huebo made me get a pair of black slacks so I will be wearing those with a stretchy shirt and my suit jacket over it (even though the button won't close anymore, or I could force it to close but it would likely pop very quickly).

Of course, I miss my Maja puppy SO MUCH when she can't come with me...  so it was a tough decision to go on this trip.  During the two trips P and I have taken together (one in November and Honeymoon) since getting Maja, we've had our friend Elaine take care of Maja.  Elaine loooves Maja, and Maja loooves Elaine, so it works out great.  Elaine takes Maja everywhere with her.  Maja even charmed her way into her bed (first time puppysitting this didn't happen).  This time Maja is staying with her uncle and the big dogs.  I have to admit it makes me a little more nervous as their house is large and not quite puppy proof, and the big dogs are usually free-roaming going in and out of the house as they please.  Also, the big dogs are very protective of their "bones" and space...  and Maja is quite fearless and will just jump at their faces because she just wants to play.


When we are apart, I mostly miss morning cuddle time with Maja Bear.  She was especially sleepy and cuddly this morning, which was adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment