Thursday, March 8, 2012

Married!

P and I were married on March 1.  It was a small intimate gathering of just immediate family and a few close friends.  Everything was planned in about 1 week.  Score!  Thanks Hen for all the ideas!!!  And thanks to SL and SB for tips on local vendors.

Ceremony was at the Sonoma County Clerk's Office in Santa Rosa.  The room was very small, so the invite list was limited to only 16ish.  TG (P's bro) and Hen were our witnesses (although I didn't witness them signing the document as I had to run out for a pee break).  Fortunately we had the last appointment of the day for the ceremony and the judge was very nice and patient as my family was a little late rolling in.  Just added to the anxiety of the moment.

As soon as the judge started talking, I teared up.  The make-up artist had told me that if I felt I was going to cry, to look up and that would stop the tears from coming out.  So I tried looking up.  P rolled up his eyes to show me to look up.  But it didn't work, the tears came out.  Then Huebo yelled out "look up!" which only prompted me to start laughing.  So there I was again being silly, crying and laughing at the same time...  as the judge said "in this solemn occasion."  Oops.  I don't think anybody got video of this memorable moment.


After the very short ceremony we all gathered outside for pictures with the photographer.  Here is the first picture of the Gruner-Chial family:


In between ceremony and dinner, we had time to walk a bit in downtown Petaluma taking pics with the photographer.  Maja joined us for a brief moment for some pics with her.  It quickly got windy and cold and I was half frozen.  So as soon as I was allowed, I ran into the restaurant for shelter and a much needed break.


Dinner was at Central Market, our favorite restaurant in Petaluma.  Since the invitation was for 5:30 pm, we had the restaurant to ourselves for a bit.  It was nice to have a compact group so we could greet everybody, have a chat, and get pictures taken before sitting down for dinner.




I love the photographer's sneak preview.  Flowers look awesome.  I think I look a little weird, but I always do.  Will need to wait until first week of April for the final shots...  what torture.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! Congratulations! You look beautiful and happy together! I'm glad doggie was invited!

    ReplyDelete