Another milestone... the belly has popped out. From one day to the next, it was there, noticeable and a magnet for belly-touching hands. I don't mind the belly rubbing as long as it's from someone I know well (i.e. family and close friends ok). It's not big enough for it to be a magnet to strangers hands yet, not sure how I will deal with that one.
Weight up a little... averaging 122#. Belly circumference at 32" (measuring at the belly button).
No throw up from Feb 10 till yesterday. Bummer. I was caught off guard as I let Maja out in the back yard at work. Fortunately it wasn't much and it landed on the grass. Probably triggered by delayed feeding.
Getting the random bad zit here and there. Had a nasty one on the right side of my nose. And now P has one too... sympathy zit. Ha ha. Also got a couple of skin tags on my neck. Mom said with her first pregnancy her face broke out badly and she had lots of skin tags on her neck. Yikes. The pregnancy books say not to do anything about either of these ailments (nothing outside of just simple face washing) until after pregnancy.
My hair seems to be growing fast. Didn't I just get a haircut? It was about a month ago but I'm already feeling it's too long. I'm not schedule for another cut till April with Armando (my hair hero) when I go to PTY to visit the fam, my last trip before I'm grounded due to third trimester.
I have finally purchased some pregnancy clothes! Woa. Thanks to Huebo and her patience to look through the racks at the store for me (I would have given up before even walking in the door), I now have 3 pairs of black pants (all different styles: flowy, leggings, normal), and 2 belly expanding Ts. Today I'm wearing a t-shirt dress I've had for a year and had only attempted to wear twice because I always felt it showed my belly too much... but now that I love to show my belly it's great! HA HA.
For the last month or so I have been slathering shea butter on my belly and breasts twice a day. Mainly to avoid itchiness (which is more prevalent on my breasts when I go too long without moisturizing), and hopefully to prevent stretch marks (although the literature says this is not proven to work and it's all genetics).
I have noticed (and as P has pointed out) that I have been talking a little more incoherently... Things get confused in my head and I blurt out nonsensical blah. I think it is due to the constant exhaustion.
Which brings me to sleep. I have been able to sleep through the night better. Doesn't take me as long to fall asleep if I do wake up at random hours to pee. I do sort of sleep-walk to the toilet and back to bed. Sometimes I feel disoriented and am glad I actually sit on the toilet and not on the floor (or who knows where). But I always smile when I see Maja puppy bear curled up on my side of the bed waiting for me to get back in bed to cuddle. My favorite part of the day.
-------
Update: a package was waiting for me when I got home from work today. Thanks Suli for the cute top from Japanese Weekend! Nice addition to the pregnancy clothes collection. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment