I have successfully reached week 11. YEY! Keeping my fingers crossed I only have 2 more weeks of nausea. In my head I hope that at the 3 month mark the nausea switch will be turned off and I will finally get my appetite back and regain my normal weight. Wishful thinking.
MOM: My Mom has been in town a week now. With the nausea, not much is appetizing to me. Somehow I manage to shove food down my throat. But home-cooked Chinese soups that take me back to my childhood are gladly welcome. So Mom has been boiling away and preparing my favorite dishes from when I was a kid. I have one more week of Mom food, and she's heading south to visit Oli. It has been extremely helpful to have Mom here cooking, so I can get take care of Maja and get some work done. Especially since P has been out of town (returning tomorrow evening, YEY!).
PUPPY: Maja got her pins removed on Wednesday morning. Mini surgery took about 30 minutes only. She was sedated, but then given something to wake her up. I was told she would bounce back right away, but it was not so. Maja was quite groggy for the rest of the morning, she even peed in bed while snoozing. And then she had pooping problems. Not quite the same as the day before. She kept squatting trying to get something out but nothing would come out. Sometimes a little goopy stuff would come out and then she would scoot her butt on the carpet (don't worry, we have a super duper wet vac just for these issues). Maja was looking so miserably cute, even Mom sat on the floor next to her to pet her (Mom claims this is the first time ever she pets a dog). Her suture kept oozing a little blood until yesterday evening. Her appetite is not quite back yet, but she is now pooping normally. I'm sure once her Papi is back home she will be so happy and excited, she will be back to her usual puppy self.
PEE: I have noticed that urine comes out rather slow now. Especially if I have a really full bladder (midnight pee break), I have to wait a bit for the flow to start, and then it takes a while to empty. I read this is normal in the first trimester as the growing uterus may be pressing on the urethra causing the low flow. So hopefully this too will magically be resolved once I reach the second trimester.
CONSTIPATION: Not much progress there... well, not as much as I would like to feel fully comfortable again. I did take the stool softener again in my frustrated desperation, and it seemed work. However, I can't take that forever. So I have also tried upping my fiber intake when I do eat. Prune juice is so horrid tasting...
SLEEP: As I am constantly exhausted, I go to bed quite early... 9pm ish. However, sometimes it is hard for me to fall asleep and I lay awake listening to Maja's cute sleepy sounds for about an hour. And then, I usually wake up in the middle of the night 2 or 3 times to go pee. Again, it usually takes a while for me to pass out after one of those. So I wake up very tired and the cycle continues.
No comments:
Post a Comment