It's funny how the moment I announce I am pregnant, advice is dished out from every direction. Most of it is with good intentions, but some from questionable sources.
When I went to get new bras, the lady assisting me had had a baby a couple of years back. She was very open about her experience and didn't mind me asking her personal questions. She went from a cup B to a cup C during pregnancy, back to a B after she stopped breastfeeding. Pre-pregnancy she was a size 4, post-pregnancy, she is a size 6. I expect this might be pretty similar to me. As I paid for my new bras, she went on to tell me "what others won't tell you": during the third trimester best to wear a pad every day just in case you're caught in a pee emergency, also wear the most comfortable cotton undies (nothing sexy there), and make sure to pack fuzzy soft socks in the hospital bag to wear during delivery because the stirrups can get very uncomfortable when pushing.
Then there's the self-professed nerd co-worker who does not believe in marriage or having children who yells out "don't forget you can't eat any fish!" Um... really? Wonder where he gets his info from. Actually, fish is very good for mommy and baby! Just not the type that is high in mercury. My OBGYN is even ok with raw fish, as long as it comes from a reputable source.
I do have two books, "Mayo Clinic, Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy" (thanks Suli!) and "What to Expect When You're Expecting" (thanks Suzi!). Both books have been great sources of info on what is going on with my body now and what to expect. They were definitely great reading material when I was hanging out in the bathroom a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment