P thinks that in general I seem to be doing better: less gagging, less moping, more eating. All good signs.
I have been eating very slowly... mostly because of the lack of appetite, eating is like a chore. In the last week I found that egg salad sandwiches are tummy friendly, I eat half of a sandwich when I get to work and the other half later in the morning. Sipping on an Odwalla fruit smoothie throughout the day is also helpful. In the afternoon I slowly snack on a KIND nut bar. I also find comfort in plain chicken broth (preferably home made) with angel hair pasta (somewhat tasteless, but it goes down very well).
Tonight I cooked a full dinner for the first time in weeks. It helped we had an overnight guest as a motivator. Menu was: oven baked ribs, lentils and rice, and salad with P's favorite dressing. I forgot to offer wine with dinner, since I can't drink. Now we have quite a number of bottles gathering dust in the basement.
I do need to start exercising asap. Now that Maja has completely healed, I have no excuse not to take her out on a daily walk. Plus I have a great treadmill hiding in the basement, with a big TV right in front of it! And the small weights I bought months ago, have never used, and stare at every morning as I brush my teeth.
I have noticed some physical changes. Breasts are a little larger, still tender (quite painful when Maja randomly jumps onto my chest, so I often slouch on the couch with arms crossed across my chest protectively just in case). Belly is protruding some (most likely from being bloated more so than the baby). Butt seems to be reducing as my jeans feel loose. No significant weight gain, averaging 116.5 this week (my pre-baby weight was 120, lowest in the height of nausea was 114).
Looking forward to less nausea and improved appetite soon!
------------------------------
Monday, Jan 30, 8am:
So much for dinner last night. As I was getting ready for bed I started gagging and burping (darn the fish oil supplements!)... and soon enough, dinner came back on a return trip with a vengeance. Just as the last of it was coming back out, P walked in. Ew. P patted my back till I stopped convulsing and gave me a towel to wipe my tears and saliva off my face. Boohoo. Drained, I passed out pretty quickly after that.
No comments:
Post a Comment