Monday, January 23, 2012

The Culprit

Here we are, week 12.  Almost a third of the way there.  It has been quick and slow going.  Now I'm getting a lot of feedback from mom friends that the nausea often sticks around till the end of the 4th month.  Ouch.

The nausea is still here, the occasional throw up too.  BUT I did figure out the constipation...  it was caused by the nausea med.  Nausea vs. constipation...  tough choice.  I chose to learn to manage the nausea better.  I have bad days and I have better days.  As long as I remember to continuously (as in every 15 minutes or less) take small bites of anything, things are usually ok.  However, I often have zero appetite and it is hard to decide what to shove down my throat next.  So even though I should know better, I skip the next bites.  And things can quickly go downhill from there.

I am often asked if I am having cravings yet.  More like anti-cravings.  I eat by process of elimination of what seems less unappetizing.  These days, food commercials can bring on the nausea or gag, especially the ones that show lots of stringy cheese.  One of my favorite past times is searching for recipes online, even that is a turn off for me now.

The energy levels have been very low.  I always wake up exhausted from interrupted sleep.  With exhaustion comes lack of focus.  Work has been tough to keep up with.  It has even been hard for me to focus long enough to write on this blog...  hence the slow postings.  Last night was the first time in over a month that I managed to sleep through the night, sort of.  I remember waking up a couple of times with numb arms (if I manage to put my arms above my head while I sleep, they go numb), shifting into a more comfortable position, hearing the rain falling really hard, and sleeping again.  Is this a turning point?

Happy Chinese New Year of the Dragon!

No comments:

Post a Comment