Anyways, we moved! YEY! Poppy managed to pack the house and move all the boxes on his own. The movers got all the furniture and some last minute boxes. And still there was a carload of random stuff left behind! Geez. And with the contractors in between it took some juggling and coordination to get everything done. And the garage is still full of stuff, and my list of random things I want to do around the house keeps growing... I just don't know when I will get around to doing all these thing.
I tried updating the blog last weekend, and this is what I wrote:
Basti Baby turned 10 months old on Thursday (May 30)! We celebrated a day late, with a nice big flourless chocolate cake. And yes I gave Basti a taste. Three tastes actually, first one seemed ok, second one not so sure, third he spit out. WHAT?!? How could MY son not like chocolate??? Maybe this was too intense for him. If at first you don't succeed... then try and try again.
Basti has been attempting to crawl for a couple of weeks... usually one scoot forward and then a scoot backwards to sitting. Today, however, he spotted Maja's yellow plastic ball... and he went for it on all 4. Ball kept rolling away from him as he tried to grab it, so he crawled after it! How fun to see! He has also been trying to stand up. He grabs on to a "sturdy" object (his crib, his jumperoo, my legs), and rocks with his legs folded under him. And what a smile when I pull him up by the arms and have him "walk" on my feet.
End of last week's blogging attempt.
So, now Basti is full speed ahead (sometimes sideways) crawling all over. When I leave the room he will follow behind... so sometimes I sit him in the farthest corner of his room and I run to go pee, knowing by the time I'm washing my hands Basti will have made it to the door. Poppy calls him his "little snail" as he leaves a trail of drool when crawling around.
Which brings me to teeth! Basti's 5th tooth is coming out, already broke skin, bottom left lateral incisor. How exciting.
And now he seems to swallow more food. Still a lot of it ends up on the floor or smeared all over his face. Sometimes he chews, sometimes he just swallows, sometimes he spits it out. You just never know.
And then there's poop. For the last... 1.5 months or so he has been constipated. Would poop only on the weekends (he's private like that).. and clearly painful for him. He'd strain and yell, poor little guy. I figured out ways of, um, helping him with his bowel movements. Anyways, he's on a prune and pear mush regimen. He won't drink the pear juice (as recommended by doctor), so I make sure to offer him sips of water throughout the day. He finally figured out the sippy cup, so it comes with us everywhere (but the one I have leaks, agh. I got another one that is leak proof but requires too much suction power to get the water out and he hasn't figured it out).
Changing subjects, Basti's newfound mobility allows him to explore just about anything he can reach. So today I went around the house plugging all outlets. But need to find ways of obstructing the way to cords that are plugged in. Seems we don't have enough furniture to fill the house at this point. Ah, and he discovered the blinds in his room, the window opening is pretty low, so he can reach the sill and pull himself up to kneeling.
On Wednesday last week Basti and I went on an adventure to the Discovery Museum. He is too small for just about everything there, but I think he liked people watching. They do have an infant room, but it was over run by toddlers and I was worried Basti would get squashed so we didn't stay very long.
So, Basti boy is growing up fast, very fast; soon he will be walking. You have to child proof your big house!
ReplyDelete