Oh, the never ending struggle of sleep. For a while there Basti was passing out before 6pm. WOW. Sometimes he would wake up an hour later wailing, but I'd just nurse him back to sleep and all was good. Usually he'd wake up at 3 am +/- 1 hour, and then again between 5 and 6 am. When we moved we wondered if he would be affected by the change of environment, but it didn't seem to bother him at all. It was Maja who kept me up that first night at our new home... she kept jumping up at every sound and bark of neighborly dogs. She was better the second night, and the third she slept right through it all.
But for the last week or so Basti has been complaining loudly at every nap and bedtime. Even though he is yaaaawning and rubbing his eyes, he still wants to crawl around and play. We go through the bedtime routine (diaper check, snuggle puppy book, sleep sack, Pink Floyd baby tunes CD, nursing). But as soon as he is done nursing, he complains if kept horizontal or laid in bed. And he cries if left alone. Aiyah... whatever happened to our little baby who would go to sleep on his own. Several times we swaddled him and rocked him to sleep like we used to do what seems like forever ago. And hey it worked! The last few nights however... It's all wwwhhhaaa...
Found out this morning there was a thunderstorm in the wee hours of the morning... but I heard none of it and neither did Basti. However, Maja was shaking in the morning and following us around the house. That's when I realized what was happening. Majita is scared of thunder. So she sat on my lap while we ate breakfast, and I carried Basti and Maja around the house as we got ready for the day. And when I did put Maja down, she went to hide in the water closet in my bathroom. Aw.
Poppy is on a short trip to Mexico, so I'm holding up the fort... tonight after a messy fussy dinner (he barely swallowed anything), and letting him nurse plenty, and lots of books, songs, singing, attempts at rocking, etc, etc, etc... I called it quits and left the room at 7:41 pm to his loud complaints and crying. And suddenly... quiet. I checked the monitor, he was OUT. I checked the clock, 7:45 pm. WHAT? He CIO in 4 minutes? WOW. Now I wonder what the rest of the night has in store for me...
Lately Poppy has taken over the early morning shift, that's the 5-6 am wake up. They play and listen to German kid songs. And then at 7 or so wake me up with coffee and a smile. CUTE. I'm grateful for the extra hour of sleep. I just wish it would help cure my chronic fatigue. It's been a while since Basti slept through the night... please please pretty please?
Basti, behave well and sleep tie so Mommy and Poppy can have a good night rest!
ReplyDelete