Last week I followed the flow of the swirl on the back of Basti's head... and this is his other look:
He does look somewhat different, still cute. Hee hee.
Last night we had oatmeal attempt #3. Same ratio as before, but twice as much. Can't say it was successful, even though he was very eager to get the spoon in his mouth. A lot of it dribbled out his mouth onto the bib and everywhere else. Quite a messy situation. We will keep on trying.
Last night my darling baby decided to wake up every 3 hours... Thing is, he doesn't cry when he wakes up. He squirms and rotates in the crib, and at some point starts to squeak. So who knows how long he has been awake by the time I hear him and wake up. At some point last night he cried out and when I got to him he had managed to free his right arm from the swaddle and roll over on his tummy! WHA?!? First time he's done that one.
Today was Basti's first day at "school"... a little Montessori 5 minutes from home. There are 2 other boys in the infant group right now, both about to turn 1 year old in February. There will be a 3 month old girl joining in March, and that will complete the group. I had to get Basti new clothes for daycare as they requested he wear Ts and elastic band pants, no onesies or PJs (buttons add precious time to the diaper changing process). All was well at drop-off. Basti was entertained by a toy and not really looking at us. Ryder came up to Basti to welcome the newbie... and he kept calling Philipp "daddy". After kisses, smiles, and a few photos, we left.
After meetings in the morning, I finally managed to call the school at noon to check on Basti. Teacher A said he wouldn't take the bottle (oh no... back to square one), and unfortunately his nap was cut short because one of the other boys started crying. SO Basti was crying at that very moment. SIGH. Mommy to the rescue! I drove to school (from office to school took me 12 minutes) and found him wailing inconsolably in Teacher N's arms. His eyes were puffy and had a giant booger trailing out his nose. I hadn't seen him this upset since the bottle tortures of December... actually, I think he was even more upset this time. Took me a while to get him to calm down. Lots of patting, singing, swaddling. He was crying so hard he was farting too, so I checked his diaper a couple of times. Eventually he calmed down and just perched his head on my shoulder. I was able to nurse him to unconsciousness, and dropped him in his crib. Fortunately by then the other boys had already woken up from their naps, so the crib room was quieter. Later I was told he only napped for 30 minutes.
A little after 3pm we were back to check on him and pick him up. Poor baby's face was all puffy from crying. Awww. Again, he wouldn't take the bottle. So we packed him up and drove home... and he was passed out in his carseat for 45 minutes, probably from crying exhaustion and relief we were back.
Once he woke up, I gave him a bottle and he happily chugged down his 4 ounces. And now he is sleeping again.
Eczema is slightly better... but not really. Hard to explain. I've heard from 2 separate sources that an oatmeal bath helps so tonight I will prepare the concoction for Basti. He gets to eat and soak in oatmeal! YEY!
Wow, Basti did not take the bottle from a stranger. This was his first day of school. Hope he will get used to it in a few days.
ReplyDelete