On the sleep training front... last night Basti was in bed at 7. As usual, he woke up about 45 minutes later. I let him nurse and back to bed. Usually we leave a dim light on so I can find my way around the room in the middle of the night, but this time I turned off all the lights. Then he woke up at 11ish... and I fought the urge to go pick him. I let him squeak and flip flop in bed till he fell asleep on his own without any crying (me checking through the monitor and dozing through all this, so not sure how long it took). At 3ish he woke up again, this time I was already awake (had to pump) so I changed his diaper and nursed him back to sleep. 6ish I heard him squeak, but let him be until 7am.
At school, Basti drank his milk but didn't nap much. I imagine he is used to having peace and quiet napping in his own room, but now there are kids and teachers all around the nap room. I hope he gets used sleeping through all the noise soon.
Basti passed out early tonight, 5:30ish he was yawning and rubbing his face... so we let him take a nap. But by the time he woke up, it was bedtime again! So we decided to skip dinner, bath, and birthday cake. Awww. =( He nursed and we put him back in bed. Didn't even get to take a picture of him today.
Oatmeal Superhero Pose
Maja Super Puppy Pose
Basti, 6 months old already!Bravo!
ReplyDelete