Philipp left the house this morning at 5 am, and he will be back Sunday afternoon. That's 5 nights of me handling everything for Basti and Maja. Oh boy. And I used to think taking care of just Maja Puppy was hard. HAHAHAHA.
Little elf.
Alright, so today we kept quite busy. And Basti was right on "schedule" with naps and feeding. What a good boy. At 10 am we went to check out a home day care on the same street Philipp's bro lives (5 minutes from where we live now), it was referred to us by 2 people. Basically, it's a lady who watches up to 8 toddlers in her house. It was a bit chaotic when I walked in... kid stuff everywhere. And then all the kids had runny noses, some looked disheveled and dirty. Ay. Yes, it's affordable... but I think I will pass. Maybe for when Basti is a toddler so he can learn to play with other kids. The highlight of the visit though was that just that morning they had found a lost doggie with no tags or microchip. Awww... Lady said she needed to find a foster home for the doggie right away or she would send her to a shelter. And because I'm just nuts... I said I'd foster her if she couldn't find the owners or a good place to take her. Agh. Maja would love a playmate, oh yes she would! I talked it over with P once he landed in DC, he said sure (no surprise there)! I thought I'd sleep on it (as in afternoon nap) and call the lady back in the afternoon. Ok ok... by the time I called her she had already sent the doggie to a rescue place that she thought would be nice. So, as crazy as it would have been I was a little disappointed I wasn't bringing home a surprise for Maja. See what happens when I'm left to make decisions on my own?!?
Anyway, back to our day. After checking out the daycare, we went downtown. First dropped off a package at the post office. And then took a 30 minute walk around the park and neighborhood downtown with Basti and Maja. We were 30 minutes early to our lunch date... so Basti and I settled in, I changed his diaper (I've gotten pretty good at using any piece of furniture in a restroom to change Basti's diaper), got a big glass of OJ (to ward off any germs I might have picked up at the day care, although I was very careful not to touch anybody or anything while I was there), and managed to nurse Basti in public by myself for the first time. YEY!!! Lunch was with the KG Wives Lunch Club / Basti Ladies Fan Club (I made it up... this is my way of getting to go out to lunch and having someone else hold Basti so I can eat with both hands and have a conversation). As usual, Basti worked his charm and had the ladies fighting over who got to hold him next. Ok, not fighting but repeatedly politely asking to hold Basti. And also getting comments on his hair from strangers.
Will my hand fit in my mouth?
We spent the afternoon at home. Reading books, singing silly songs, napping, nursing. Also had Basti hang in the front carrier while I played catch with Maja in the yard. Said hello to grandparents over Skype.
Passed out on his own after tossing toys around him (note the foot in the nightlight).
While Basti took his evening nap, I had dinner and played with Maja. I managed to give Basti a bath in his tub on my own. And now both baby and puppy are in bed, before 8:30 pm! WOW!
We can do it!
Bravo!
ReplyDelete