1. How incredibly exhausting it is to care for Basti. Really, nothing could have prepared me for this. Sometimes I am so brain dead I can barely string a coherent sentence together. So it's good to have simple repetitive songs to entertain Basti that don't require thinking... like the dreaded "This is the song that doesn't end." Today I sang "The Twelve Days of Christmas" all the way to the store. I know it drove my parents nuts when we (Hen and I) sang these songs in the car over and over and over again. This might come back to bite me.
2. Basti passes gas a lot. Ha ha. And boy are the farts stinky... clear the room stinky.
3. Spit up can be crazy massive. Even more shocking when the back flow comes with such force that it pours out his nose. Scary to see.
4. Basti's hands are lint traps, especially between the thumb and index finger. I like to check for surprises especially in the morning. Sometimes he gets lint between his toes when he wears footie PJs, those are harder to pick out but float out easily in the bathtub.
5. Nursing takes sooo much time. I guess I had not thought about it before. It is also somewhat unpredictable. Sometimes Basti just takes a sip and passes out. Other times he nurses for 30+ minutes non-stop. And then there are times he takes a big gulp and then wails. I get a little anxious when I know I need to nurse in public because I don't know how Basti will react. So far we have managed ok.
Photos of Basti:
Basti likes to play with his hair when he is laying down.
Cute As a Stufi!
Basti accompanied me to the polls to vote!
Happy after a nap on Mommy's lap.
Mommy not feeling well today...
First time I get sick since Basti arrived. Not sure what it was. I'm thinking the milk was bad because the massive tummy ache started soon after I had my morning cheese sandwich and glass of milk. I threw up, felt a little clammy and weak, and had sharp stomach pains that came and went getting worse when I stood up. Agh. I had to ask Philipp to come home early from work, it was hard for me to hold Basti for long. I managed to get two naps in while Basti napped. And Basti was quite sleepy today which was helpful. I felt better after taking Pepto Philipp brought me and taking a nap with a hot water bag on my belly. I managed to make chicken soup for dinner. Tummy still feeling off, but I have more energy now after eating more. I hope this goes away quick.
I read this and just nod. A few friends I have made here who have babies the same age as Livvy talk about starting for their second child. All I can do is think about the stuff on your list and wave my hands and yell NO NO NO NO! Not yet for me!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I remember having the 24 hour stomach flu the day we were supposed to move when Livvy was 6 weeks old. I let her swing all day while I slept between nursing. Sorry to hear you were sick, its so much harder when you are a mommy!
Oh dear! good to know that you are doing better and that your tummy is getting back to normal.
ReplyDeleteBasti is just too cute!!! And YES, he will sing repetitive songs in the car over and over and over hahaha