Thursday, November 15, 2012

Wowsa - Day 3

Basti rolled over this morning!  Happy day!  YEY!!!  Ok, so he wasn't so happy.  He was so frustrated about being on tummy time, that he managed to push himself with his right arm and roll to the left onto his back.  And it only happened once.  But it's still a great accomplishment!  Friend told Philipp that rolling to the left means he will be left handed.  ?!?  Ok, we will see when the time comes.

Might be Basti's lovely hair is falling off, or just normal shedding?  I found a couple of lose hairs on his mattress, and another one wrapped around his fingers.  Cradle cap seems a little better though.  Will continue to wash his hair every other day, but might cut down on actually soaping his body to avoid over-drying or dermatitis.  My face is dry and my legs are itchier...  that time of the year.

Today I decided to be extra adventurous and go for a walk/hike at a Regional Park 10 minutes from our home.  I had been meaning to go for a while...  but was feeling a little anxious about going on unfamiliar territory with baby and puppy.  And I am glad we made it.  The main trail was paved and took us about 45 minutes total.  The views were great.  There were some hills, which were tough for out-of-shape-mommy-pushing-a-stroller-up-hill. I was tired and starving by the time we got home.  Good thing I had chicken, broccoli, and sweet potato waiting for me in the fridge!



Basti spent a good chunk of the afternoon sleeping...  Is it growing time?  And his late evening nap has been longer than usual...  which makes me wonder if he's out for the night or what.  Could it be his internal clock off because it gets dark so early?


Since I had a little extra time on my hands this afternoon, I did some laundry, watched an episode of Law and Order CI, made beef lentil soup, played tug of war with Maja, tried ordering a gift for a friend's new baby arrival (tried because after two attempts the transaction just won't go through).

No comments:

Post a Comment