Sunday, June 17, 2012

Shopping

We have finally started baby shopping... at least getting the minimal essentials for baby to come home.  There is one baby store in our hood that carries most stuff at reasonable prices.
- Car seat (hospital won't let you leave with your baby if you don't have one)
- Car seat base
- Caddy stroller frame for car seat
- Crib mattress and sheets
- Changing pad and covers
- Ordered glider, hopefully it will arrive on time

This is what I must look like trying to figure out what to get.

I also did a run at Target to get the other type of essentials:
- Diapers (got 2 brands in newborn size...  will compare and see how it goes)
- Wet wipes
- Baby soap
- Wash cloths
- Baby detergent

We already have lots of little clothes, bibs, swaddling sheets and blankets we have received as gifts and hand-me-downs from Oli.  And we also have several newborn toys and rattles.

Thank you to the Parentals for their generous gift of the lovely crib and dresser!


Now I need to wash everything and assign drawers to keep it all organized.  I am also making a list of other house chores that need to be done before baby arrives.  Oh my.

And for all of you who have been asking, I finally present to you the baby registry: Amazon

On to other updates, this week I've had a heightened seasonal allergy reaction. Could be my symptoms are worse this year due to pregnancy?  Although everybody says this allergy season is the worst (I heard the same thing last year).  Sometimes when I wake up my eyes are a little swollen, especially the bags under my eyes, which adds nicely to my exhausted zombie look.  I noticed my left eye is noticeable worse than the right, cause I sleep on my left side?  Also, the last couple of days I've had itchy rash all over my body: sides of belly, breasts, back, arms, legs.  I finally got some calamine lotion to help relieve some of the itch, still I wake up at night scratching.

Weighing in at ~144, belly circumference 39".  My chicken legs are feeling the added weight.  My joints are soreish (hard to explain how they feel), especially my right leg knee and ankle.  So I find I can't stand around for long or it gets uncomfortable.  I've put a chair in the kitchen for when it's time to chop fruits and vegetables.

Today there is a heat wave in the Bay Area...  and no we don't have AC.  So we have fans going and drinking lots of water.  Will likely go visit friends with AC later.  =)  Maja has been sleeping through the heat.


1 comment: