Thursday, December 19, 2013

A Crazy Day in BastiWorld

What happened yesterday:

1. Basti falls off Maja's throne (ottoman with fuzzy blankets by the front window) trying to get off head first.  His head-bump quota of the month has been fulfilled.

2.  Basti tries to climb onto and through everything.  He has been trying to jump off the top of a couch that is in the middle of the family room (so not against a wall).  Seems he thinks its a game to see how far up he can get before I catch him.

3.  He climbed onto the bench by the dining table, and then attempted to get on the dining table.  Now the bench is pushed under the table.

4.  I had to strip him naked after lunch since his clothes were covered with food.  He was very squirmy, so I let him stand in the bathroom while I quickly grabbed a clean diaper out of his room.  Not quick enough Mommy...  He managed to close the bathroom door and I could only open it far enough for my fingertips to get through.  ?!?  Basti had opened a drawer from the vanity, blocking the door!  AGH!  PANIC.  I asked him to close the drawer, he just sounded confused.  Hmmm...  I laughed in the panic of the moment.  I called Phililpp, no answer.  What to do?!?  I sat down by the door and told myself to THINK.  Can't un-hinge the door, the hinges are on the inside.  Ok.  My fingers don't fit through the crack, but a long sturdy stick would.  FIND A STICK!  It just so happened that morning I set up a bee wind spinner (courtesy of Tia Hen) for Basti, and it had a stick!  And the stick even had a rubber end!  YES.  And now carefully push the drawer closed with the stick.  Voila!  Out comes Basti with a huge smile on his face.  Gigantic sigh of relief.

Photo update...

Maja has been "borrowing" Basti's stuffed animals.  No casualties yet, just lots of cuddling:

Basti and Maja plan the day's adventures:

Basti the acrobat:

Basti finds his Christmas gifts:

Basti entertains himself with stickies he found in an old textbook:

Basti wants to make coffee and tea:

2 comments: