Wednesday, April 3, 2013

8 Month Basti

Basti turned 8 months over the weekend.  To celebrate, we gave him a super haircut:  trimmed the sides with clippers and a 1 inch comb.  I tried scissor cutting the top, but it was all over the place and Basti was getting restless.


We also sang happy birthday with a mini chocolate cake...  I was tempted to give him a taste, but better not, too much sugar.  Maybe next time.


Popo and Cuncun are visiting, and having lots of fun feeding Basti.  Little boy likes beef...  I  made him a little beef stew and he stuffed his mouth with little chunks of beef and just sucked on the pieces.  I had to fish them out as he wouldn't spit them out and couldn't swallow them.  Introduced Os (like Cheerios) to him yesterday, and although they are tasteless he seemed to like them, picking out one by one and getting it to his mouth.  O's mush up with saliva making them easy to swallow.

Basti has been going to school 3 mornings a week during the parental visit...  so he keeps the "routine" of going to school and doesn't forget his teacher and friends.  Doesn't seem he's quite adjusted though.  He's very tired when we get home and sometimes takes 2 naps in the afternoon.

We hosted Easter brunch.  Since Poppy said no to me getting bunny ears for Basti, I dressed him in orange to match his Pio Pio hat.  But then Uncle T said he looked like a Reeses peanut butter cup.


Poppy is off on a Eurotrip for 10 days.  Van with 5 dudes driving all over France and then to Switzerland.  Sometimes I think I miss the crazy work trips...  and then I realize it's much better at home with my babies.  It's great this long trip is overlapping with parental visit...  reduces the amount of cooking and dish washing I have to do.  However, I have bottle washing duty which I'm really not a fan of (Philipp usually takes care of those).

One of the ladies from my Mommy group reached out requesting breastmilk donations as she is unable to pump enough for her baby.  Having gone through a low production period and being very stressed out about not being able to have enough milk for Basti...  I checked out my frozen stash and decided to give some to a fellow mommy in need.  For now this was a one-time contribution.  I will check the level of my stash on a weekly basis to see how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, look at my hair, it grows upward and sideway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. basti looks well and happy and of course CUTE. Maja is awesome keeping her lil brother company. Mommy is doing a great job and being so nice to give a fellow mommie a hand!

    ReplyDelete