Friday, April 19, 2013

Mommy Update

I am always hungry.  Sometimes even after I eat a full meal...  15 minutes later I'm scavenging for something to munch on.  And I'm always thirsty.  So chug chug chugging water and peeing are what I do most.


Basti is heavy...  so my back is hurting.  My neck and right shoulder are pretty stiff, from looking down at Basti while he is nursing (or slouching while I pump).  And the little bugger often wants to be walked while he is nursing...  sometimes even when giving him a bottle which is no easy task balancing baby and bottle and walking.  Arms start to give out after 10 minutes.  But as soon as I sit down, he unlatches.  Strange habit.  So I carry him around the house checking out whatever there is to see.

I took advantage of the time Popo was in town, and treated myself to a couple of massages with my preferred miracle worker to loosen up my stiff shoulder.  And I also joined a crossfit gym downtown.  Wowsa.  Yeah, I'm crazy.  I was a little scared going into the first class...  given I'm completely out of shape (my only exercise in the last 8 months being carrying around a continuously increasing baby weight).  And then I found out one of the instructors has a 4 month old baby and she looks fantastic.  Oh gosh.  So I gave it my all and did sit ups, squats, sprinting, rowing, jump rope, AGH.  I survived, but stumbled out nauseous and hoping I wouldn't barf on the street or in my car.  I was terribly sore the next day, but ok.  So far I have been to 4 classes, there are 6 beginner classes to practice all the techniques and exercises, I hear the 6th one is the hardest.  I just need to figure out how to schedule in 3 classes a week, working around Basti's unpredictability.


1 comment:

  1. Basti, you and your cousin, Eli, are getting a bit spoiled, need to be held and walked around! Be a good sport, let your Mommy get some rest!

    ReplyDelete