Last week Tuesday, I got the call I was hoping wouldn't happen for a while... Teacher from school called to let me know Basti had a fever, 102.4. Darn. That means he has to go home and can't go back to school 24 hours after the fever breaks. So I rushed to school to pick up Basti. He did feel a little toasty, but when we got home I took his temperature 3 ways and the most I got was 99.9. And he was being his normal chipper self. Oh well. I got a day and a half at home with Basti, so I'm not complaining. Hee hee.
On Thursday he had several explosive poops... none at school though, Basti was considerate and saved them for us at home. Ha ha. Friday morning he woke up with his hair, face, hands, PJs, sleep sack, sheets all soaked in spit up. Oops. And had a pooped diaper. So emergency bath was needed before school. Again, he did not explode at school. On Saturday it was pretty clear Basti had diarreah. Yikes. But he didn't seem to mind and was nursing normally. Hmmm. Fortunately it was ok by Sunday and now we're back to normal.
Meal times haven't been very successful. The only thing Basti has swallowed without complaint is Panamanian tamal, he ate about a tablespoon of it. All other offerings he spits out with a look of distaste and some loud complaining. Oh, but tonight I offered him my finger dipped in oatmeal and he went for it! So I managed to feed him some more that way... hey, whatever works!
Eczema on Basti's neck, arms and legs has greatly improved since we started slathering him with Eucerin Ph5 body lotion (suggestion by friend in PTY). YEY! Pero si no es Juana, es Chana... but eczema spots on his cheeks have taken a turn for the worse. And it seems the saliva and face rubbing (with sleeves or blankets) are not helping. But we do what we can to sort of keep it in check. At least it doesn't seem to bother him.
For about 2 weeks, Basti has been able to sit on his own. He is not very stable yet, but getting better.
No comments:
Post a Comment