Last week Friday, Basti weighed 17 pounds 13 ounces... which is light for a baby this size and chubs. So now I call him "mi bebe de malva" (my marshmallow baby) cause he is all puffy fluff. Like the Pillsbury doughboy. We had to go to the doctor's office to get the second dose of the flu shot. And little fluff boy didn't cry! Wow!
Now Basti wants to "play" with Maja... he reaches out to her and grabs at her fur. And cute Maja doesn't mind. But we are always VERY watchful when they are together. Maja just wants to give Basti kisses. Most mornings we get a group cuddle in bed before the mad rush to get ready and out of the house starts.
Basti baby loooves tags. Any toy I give him, he finds the tag and plays with it and puts it in his mouth. Then I found a toy at Target that has tags all over it! Ha ha. So of course I got it for him. And guess what... he prefers the real tag on the toy than all the other taggies. Oh well.
Feedings are still not very successful. Seems Basti did like the piece of mango I gave him. Who doesn't love mango??? But then he rubbed his mangoey hands all over his eyes because he was getting tired. Then I realized that by the time we get home and get to feeding at 5:30pm he is probably too tired to really be interested in food! Hmmm... So the plan is for his teacher to try to feed him a little bit at school while the other boys are having their lunch. Then maybe Basti is not as tired and seeing the other boys eat he will be more inclined to try. So far he has swallowed a bit at each feeding, or so they tell me.
When Basti is nursing, his hands are all over the place. He grabs at my shirt, hair, anything within reach. Sometimes scratches me too. So I designated a nursing buddy for him, a little toy bunny he can hold and fling around so he won't try to tear my hair out. For the most part it seems to work. And this bunny has a huge tag which is great for Basti to hold on to.
Basti rolly polly is now moving around via rolling. Sort of. Whenever I put him down on the floor he can't be still and starts rolling from one side to the other. And if he sees something he just has to grab he tries to roll in that general direction. Although a couple of times, he pulled on the blanky the just-out-of-reach toy was on to get to it. Clever or lazy? Hmmm...
Today Mommy and Baby are home. Basti has developed a cold... coughing and runny nose. Makes it uncomfortable for him to fall asleep cause he coughs coughs coughs. But overall not too bad.
Next week is Spring Break... so Mommy and Basti will be home all week! WOW! It's been a while since it has just been the two of us during the day for so long. Fun baby times!
Mommy, I am a happy baby!
ReplyDelete