On Friday we took Basti to the German Consulate to apply for his German passport! It must have been baby day, there were 3 other babies there, 2 of of which also had an Asian parent. Passport should arrive next week! Afterwards we went to the airport to enroll Basti in Global Entry (to skip the immigration line when entering the US). Interview was pretty short... but trying to get his fingerprints was not easy. After 4 tries, the agent went to consult with a co-worker and he said it was ok to just skip the fingerprints. Now Basti is ready for world travel.
Today I gave Basti his first hair cut. I'd been thinking about my technique for weeks. And for the last year or so I have been trimming Philipp's hair with clippers (which is way harder). We strapped Basti into his high chair in front of the TV, turned on cartoons but he was not interested. So Poppy had to entertain him and hold his head. Armed with scissors, I cut the back of his hairline and around the ears. Then I wet the top part of his hair, but at that point he was getting restless and not cooperative so we gave up. Maybe tomorrow we try again.
I think I have a little bit of a head cold. Head feeling a little stuffy, nose a little runny, funny feeling in sinuses. Agh. Wonder if Basti has it too... he seemed a tad warmer yesterday, I took his temp but it was within normal range. He had boogers today... you can see one making its way out his nose in the photo below.
The happy, chubby Basti has a new hairdo!
ReplyDeleteHis hair! It's calmed down!
ReplyDelete