I adore my puppy bear Maja. Can you tell? I couldn't be happier to have her in my life. Thank you Philipp for showing me the wonderful world of puppy parenthood. Maja is so sweet and funny and cuddly and silly and fluffy and playful. She is with me 24/7. When she can't come with, I miss her and I feel guilty for leaving her home alone (it is heartbreaking to see her watching from the window as we drive away). Mostly I think she just sleeps when alone. And she is always super happy when we are back home. I am especially grateful to have her when Philipp is gone on one of his looong trips. I don't have friends (outside of work) where we live, so I am certainly glad to have the company of my baby bear. We go on walks, play sleeve tugging, take naps together, play catch, she follows me around the house as I do what I need to do. It is very cute when she can't find a good hiding spot for her rawhide bones and she brings them to me to put away. And it is super funny when she pees and lifts her hind legs in the air and balances on her front paws like a yoga pose. She has gotten much more social at work, goes from office to office with her toys looking for someone to play with her. Or sometimes she lays down in random spots for a nap. I just found her "funny itchy spot": when I scratch her on her rib cage, her back leg will start scratching air.
Last week I met up with two friends from my ex-job in SF for dinner. I hadn't seen them in a while, so the size of my belly certainly had a WOW factor. And now that I look at the picture... belly does seem bigger than I thought it looked. My usual viewing angle is different. Or maybe its the clothes. Anyways, it was nice to see them, they both have older kids so hearing their perspectives on baby care was cool.
Weighing in at 140# these days, belly 37.5". Sometimes belly seems awkward and sort of in the way of normal movement. Like when I brush my teeth or wash dishes, "belly up to the counter" has taken on a new meaning. I end up with a line on my belly where I was leaning against the counter. Or when I'm putting on pants, socks or shoes, I have to lift my leg to the side of the belly not straight up. Harder to reach my toes too, forget about painting my own toenails. Can't take staircase steps two at a time now, not that I should be doing that knowing what a klutz I can be.
Allergies keep going. Most annoying are the itchy eyes because I don't have the self control to not scratch, which makes it even worse. And then the non-stop runny nose. Sneezing doesn't bother ME so much, cause it usually feels better afterwards. However, others are not too fond of my sudden loud sneezes. Last year the backyard neighbor at the office complained that I woke up his baby with my sneeze. Oops. I hope allergies are gone by the time baby arrives!
In keeping up with my homework from birthing class... I try to remember to do my Kegels every day. They're just so boring. Can't remember where I read I should do 3 sets of 20, 3 times a day. AGH. I can barely keep track of one set! I have been pretty good at taking Maja on daily 30 minute walks. We should probably walk for longer but that's about my limit before my back starts to ache and I get paranoid I might need to pee at any moment. So two 30 minute walks a day should be in order... ok, working on it. And then there's meditation... twice I tried doing guided body scans (from a recording by my teacher from when I was more serious about meditating years ago) in bed and ended up falling asleep halfway through them. Oh well. At least I was relaxed!
Baby has gotten a few nicknames in-utero. Starting with "Erpse" by Philipp, which means bean in German (surely P will correct this when he reads it...). Huebo prefers "mini-Bons", as her nickname for Philipp is Bons. And then friends in Panama thought up "Beelipp" a combination of one of my nicknames and Philipp's name.


No comments:
Post a Comment