I am weighing in at ~136#, with 37" belly. Back in Panama I weighed in at ~141#, but within a couple of days of being back home, my weight went down... so my best guess is my spike in weight measured in Panama was from water retention and constipation. Yikes. Constipation was at its worst on Easter, then I sort of kind of managed it all the way through Panama. Digestion has improved significantly since my return almost to the point of normalcy, I hope I didn't just jinx myself.
Back aches are not as bad as they were in Panama... sitting for extended periods of time doesn't help. I definitely don't spend as much time in the car here as I did there (where traffic is horrid most of the time). Doctor said my body just isn't used to carrying around so much weight, so back aches will likely get worse. She recommended massages and soaking in a warm bath... so that very night Philipp so sweetly filled up the bath for me with calming salts. <3
Many ladies (family, friends, sales girls, you name it) have said my belly looks big for 5 months. Statement followed by the question of am I carrying twins. Aiyah. Doctor said everybody carries differently, and given my small build, the belly will pop out more.
Other side effects of pregnancy I have noticed/experienced include:
- Bad memory: I have always had bad memory (except for my the crazy multitasking abilities I developed for work about 2 years ago), and now it is worse than ever. Most days I will walk into a room and wonder what I was going to do/get, and then leave when I can't remember. Or I think of something to say at a meeting and when I get the chance to speak my mind I forget. Several times I think of one thing and then end up saying something else (like saying Friday instead of Wednesday when I meant Wednesday).
- Pigmentation: About a month ago (or maybe longer, I forget) I noticed darkening pigmentation in my armpits, more concentrated in the creases. I'm pretty sure it was not like that before. Also, today I just noticed small dark spots on my boobs. And more skin tags!
- Leg cramps: The other night I woke up to painful cramping in both of my calves. Owy. Cramps didn't last long, but boy were they painful. When the pain finally went away, I managed to get up and walk around a bit to shake it off. But then in the early morning it happened again, on my right leg. I was hyperventilating from the pain and Philipp woke up, so he helped me stretch my leg. So now I must try to remember to stretch my calves before going to bed to avoid the cramping.
I have been resisting buying anything for the baby, mainly because I am not sure what to get. There are sooo many choices for everything, I am worried of getting the wrong thing. Once I get to looking and reading reviews, I get overwhelmed and give up. Last night I finally purchased the first item for baby... a pei pei (blanky), which is very similar to the one I had growing up (and has been MIA since I left for college). I hope baby likes it (or I might keep it for myself...).

every kid needs a pei pei
ReplyDelete