Monday, February 6, 2012

In My Dreams

I've had vivid crazy dreams since I can remember.  In the earliest dream I can remember from when I was a little girl (don't know how old), I had a Crunch bar in my hand.  When I woke up, without opening my eyes I closed my hand hoping to feel the chocolate bar...  but to my disappointment it wasn't here.  Boohoo.  There was also the time I dreamt I lost my family at the local hardware store (Novey) and just stood outside in the parking lot crying.  I woke up in tears and traumatized.

In my "older" age, my dreams have shown me my future and helped me make decisions, I'm a big believer.  When I was graduating from college and trying to figure out what to do for the summer, I had been invited to spend some time in India visiting a good friend and his family, or I could get a job.  I dreamt I did go to India and even met the family dog.  So the following morning I said YES to India.  It was a great trip and amazing experience.

When I was going through my baking craze, I would often dream of baking the recipe under scrutiny.  I would wake up early and ready to start baking knowing the results would be fantastic.

In the last month or so, since I have been planning the super fasto wedding...  several wedding details have been decided thanks to my dreams.  I dreamt of the dinner at the restaurant in consideration, and that I had decided to go with 2 centerpieces instead of 3.  And then I dreamt of my engagement ring...  which made the search at the jewelry store WAY easy as I was able to explain exactly what I was looking for.  I didn't get the exact same ring as my dream, but close.  However, I did dream that I got the wedding dress my Mom loved, but I asked for many alterations...  so I didn't follow that dream and chose a very different dress.  =P

1 comment:

  1. its a good thing i dont rely on dreams for anything, cause my dreams are usually a big black void of nothingness. I only dream or remember my dream in those 5 minutes i get to snooze in the morning, but most of the time is ALL BLACK!

    ReplyDelete