Saturday, November 23, 2013

Quickly...

Let's see...  Basti Wasti is 1 week shy of turning 16 months.  What?!?  Crazy how some days seem to go by so slowly (when he is cranky and whiny) but the overall is going by FAST!


Tia Hen and Tio Jav came to visit mid month.  We managed to adventure all the way to SF to the Academy of Sciences.  I think Basti enjoyed it...  lots of huge fish to point at, love the aquariums there.  We also rolled around eating our way through town.  Basti was quite a trooper through our adventures.  The biggest highlight of the week with Tia Hen was Basti took his first unassisted steps!  Woa!  We were in the kitchen when Basti took his first 2 steps, Hen and I screamed "Philipp!" (he was in the bedroom).  Poppy rushed out wondering if something bad had happened.  Oops.  Then Basti managed another 2 steps.  And that was it.  Another day Basti took 1 step on his own as I was trying to feed him some breakfast.  And well, that was it.  Now he's not a big fan of walking practice...  he shakes his head no when I have him stand up and he knows what's coming.  So I won't push him anymore.  He will walk again when he is ready.


I plan to some day write a post on my insights into the crazy world of breastfeeding.  Today is not the day.  So long story short: I've finally weaned Basti off pre-naptime nursing.  Tuesday was our first day going to nap "dry".  After just a minute or two of complaining, he quickly drifted off to sleepy world.  Wednesday was even better, no complaining.  But then Thursday came...  and it was all tears, snot and screaming.  Basti only took 1 nap and for only an hour.  And Friday was the same thing.  Which means Mommy was drained of all energy and Basti was quite cranky, not a good combo.

Thank goodness today he decided to go down for his first nap without a peep.  Yey!   So we're off to a good start to the day...  and we need our energy because today we're having a party to celebrate Poppy becoming a US citizen!

And Monday night we have a long drive to go visit Basti's cousins for the Thanksgiving Holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment