Thursday, July 5, 2012

Updating

This morning I woke up and my whole body was achy.  Hips, knees, feet, elbows, ankles, you name it.  Even my thumbs were feeling stiff!  Ah, and the tailbone...  I'm walking funny today cause it is a pretty awkward feeling. 


Maybe I overdid it yesterday standing around in the kitchen too long prepping for the family BBQ.  I didn't think it would be that big a deal.  Just 6 humans and 4 doggies.  Keeping the menu simple, the invite said we would have burgers with all the fixings.  Period.  Of course, I had to go complicate it by grinding up my own meat mixture for the patties.  At least I bought the pre-cleaned romaine lettuce!  Ah, I also hacked up a giant watermelon to make agua fresca.  By the time guests arrived, my hips and lower back were feeling quite sore.  Burgers were good tho!

Since Philipp missed the infant care session of the birthing class, yesterday I did a demo for him using a stuffed monkey.  We wiped his butt, put a diaper on, dressed him in a onesie, and swaddled him.  Then took it all off to give him a sponge bath.  And put it all back on and tested the car seat/stroller.  Monkey seemed pretty happy with all the attention.  We rolled him around the house in the stroller and all the doggies followed curious to see Monkey.


Feeling extra tired this week.  A few times I've woken up way too early and not able to go back to sleep.  At 4:45am I decided to just walk a lap around the house, and Maja followed me out of bed.  As soon as she wakes up tho, have to let her out cause her digestive system starts moving.  So we went for a little stroll in the cool pre-dawn air.  I eventually fell asleep again, only to be woken up by the darn alarm clock at 6:30am.  Sigh.

And the wrist pain.  In the last year or so, I have developed this strange habit of sleeping with my hands bent in tucked under my chin or pillow, putting pressure on my wrist joints.  So sometimes I wake up with my hands asleep and/or achy wrists.  Hard to control what I do when I'm unconscious. Belly has gotten more difficult to position.  When I sit I guess I tend to bend at the sternum, which puts pressure on my esophagus or something causing discomfort.  I'm constantly shifting in my seat when I'm sitting at a meeting or in front of my computer or TV.  But when I stand my knees and lower back ache.  Laying down on my left side is about the only position I find I don't have to shift too much in.  But for all my complaints on the belly, I also know I will miss carrying baby around this way.  So I am also trying to enjoy the time we have left together.



Today had check up with OBGYN.  Aside from the usual urine test, blood pressure check (102/60), baby heartbeat (140), and belly measurement (35cm), we also had an ultrasound to make sure baby is head down (he is!), a GBS swab (to test for bacteria that can be harmful to baby if present during natural birth), and check for status of cervix (very closed).  From now on, it is weekly appointments with Doc until baby arrives.

Maja's preferred sitting position when she rides in the front seat with me...




No comments:

Post a Comment